January Baking Challenge
How to Join Sally’s Baking Challenge
- Recipe: We publish a new challenge recipe on the 1st of each month. Sign up for Sally’s Baking Challenge emails so you’re alerted as soon as a new challenge recipe is published.
- Bake: Bake the recipe (or alternate recipe) during that month.
- Send: Share your recipe photo with us via email: [email protected] before 5pm eastern on the last day of the month. By emailing your recipe photo, you are automatically entered to win the prize for the baking challenge. For a bonus entry, leave a review on the challenge recipe. Feel free to share your recipe photo on social media using #sallysbakingchallenge, but the only way to guarantee you are in the running is sending your entry via email.
Visit the Sally’s Baking Challenge FAQ page if you have any questions about Sally’s Baking Challenge.
JANUARY BAKING CHALLENGE RECIPE
January 2022 Sally’s Baking Challenge Recipe: Honey Wheat English Muffins
If you aren’t into this recipe, here is the alternate baking challenge recipe:
- any previous challenge recipe you haven’t made yet OR
- Multigrain Bread— still an opportunity to bake with yeast!
END DATE & PRIZE
By emailing your recipe photo to us, you are automatically entered in the baking challenge. 1 winner receives a $250 Amazon Gift Card. The challenge is open to the whole world. Challenge ends on January 31st at 5pm eastern. The winner will be selected at random, emailed their prize, and posted in the February Baking Challenge blog post on February 1st 2022. Visit the Sally’s Baking Challenge FAQ page if you have any questions about Sally’s Baking Challenge.
Let’s Review the December Baking Challenge
December 2021 Sally’s Baking Challenge Recipe: Shortbread Wedge Cookies. If your December wasn’t already filled with cookies, do yourself a scrolling favor and look at all the buttery goodness below. December’s challenge gave participants a shortbread dough recipe and the opportunity to add fun flavors, add-ins, and toppings as well as bake the cookies in different pans. Though I assigned an easy recipe, the creative freedom was fun and expansive! Some my team and I enjoyed seeing were: salted caramel shortbread, shortbread baked in small 6-inch pans for mini wedge “bites”, cranberry & dark chocolate, lemon rosemary, wedges decorated as Rudolph, and white chocolate coconut & lime shortbread. WOW!
Thank you so much for participating! We gathered as many shortbread wedge cookies emailed photo entries as we could and included them below.
December Baking Challenge Winner
Challenge winner for December is Kathryn and she has been notified.